Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Flappy Bird

What is the best game on your phone to ever be created? If I were to anwser that question it would be Flappy Bird! A game on your phone that you can play in the car or waiting at the doctor’s. Basicallyyou can play this game anywhere you want all you need is a phone! The only sad thing about this game is that it was that it has been removed from the Apple App Store and Google Play on February 10 2014.(1) So if you didn't download this game already you shouldn't be getting your hopes up to play it!

Let's talk about the reason why this game was removed from the world! The creator of this game is (1) Dong Nguyen. He was also the one who decided to take down the game and I respect his decision. (2) Nguyen took the game down because of how addicting it was, Nguyen wasn't able to sleep because of this app. According to him it was not a mistake to remove Flappy Birds and I agree because it was the most addicting game I have ever played in my life! At one point I was playing it for fun and to beat my high score. It took plenty of hours out of my day when I could have done something useful, so I started to regret playing this game but it was just so addicting that I couldnt stop. Once Nguyen has removed Flappy Bird from the Apple App Store and Google Play, people went crazy and started to buy phones who had already had the game downloaded. They started to buy phones that costed a couple hundred more but they felt  the phone was worth just to play that game! Basically this game corrupted the minds of some people. As much as I hate this game cause it killed my social life for a good period of time, I still do think it was the best game to ever be created on a phone.
 
(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flappy_Bird
(2) http://bgr.com/2014/02/11/why-flappy-bird-was-removed/

10 comments:

  1. I honestly think Flappy Bird is the most annoying game ever created. I find it really hard to believe that someone achieved the final level of the game. Every time I play it, I always end up frustrated. I actually my highest record on the game was like 13. Really bothers me…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moussa you must really suck if your highest record was 13! My little brother has a better record then you and he's 7!! I do know what you mean people that went to the last level just have to much time on there hand it's unbelievable!

      Delete
  2. Honestly, I think I have played this game like 20 times in the entirety of the game's life. I know I never really would like playing it because, like Moussa said it it ended up getting frustrated really fast. Obviously, it would be annoying playing it if you just keep dying but this game just annoyed me every single time I've played it. Ohhhh well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think Flappy Bird is the most annoying game ever made, but the reason the creator took the game down is because there was an incident where a kid killed his brother because of this game. Thats also why the creator took the game down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You serious Oliver! I did a lot of research on why he took it down but I never knew that! He was probably just hiding that information so no one thinks he's evil, but really he is. Creating the most frustrating game ever!!

      Delete
  4. It's a pain in the ass. I'm good at video games and I could only get to about 40, the people that make it to the end must be hacking the app, because no one has that much time and that little life. However it is rather addictive so I guesse if you look at how much it's played it is a pretty good app.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You migh be right Marc they must be hacking it some way. I wish I knew how to hack it just so I can show off my high score to some friends. Were all so competitive and just want to have the best high score. So if you found a way to hack it, let me know! :)

      Delete
  5. Oh em gee Justin! You don't even know how much I hated this game but I use to play it all the time. My high school is 92 and I literally almost broke my phone when I lost. It bothered me so much that I couldn't pass my high score after that so I just deleted the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highschool!? I think you mean high score bro! ;) I know what you mean bro I had the same exact problem, I did not get 92 that's crazy I had 76 and I get never get pass that amount and still from today I'm playing. I never delete it cause I don't wanna lose it for ever.

      Delete
  6. See i was quite lucky do to the fact that i never played this game in my life. Knowing how frustrated I get while playing these stupid games on my phone I would have probably destroyed it after playing a few times. No regrets whatsoever for not playing this game!

    ReplyDelete